Sunday, February 26, 2006

Classic Emily!

Here is our daughter - Emily. She is the one that keeps us all laughing on a daily basis. She is full of energy, imagination, and has tons of personality. Not to mention that she happens to be extremely cute and smart. She loves animals (has about 500 stuffed animals that she sleeps with every night...) and is very tender hearted.

Emily turned 8 this past year and is blossoming before our eyes. She is an excellent student (already a better speller than Mom or Dad...) and is one of those students who really expects to get an "A" in every subject and probably will.

As mentioned earlier, Emily is our animal lover. I remember one time when a friend of mine, Greg, shot a big doe and I brought it home to hang in our garage for him. I was worried how all of this might affect Emily - I didn't want to upset her. After hanging the deer she and her siblings came into the garage to check it out. She walked over to the deer, began stroking the "fur", and with a very serene look on her face said "I just love animals". That apparently applies whether they are dead or alive!

Emily is probably the sweetest 8 year old on planet earth. And she is a precious gift of God to our family! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2006, Blogger Katie said...

Tom - Nice Blog! You caught the fever, huh? :) The pictures are great, and I look forward to seeing more. I'm sorry I missed seeing you this trip up; thanks for the paint though! :) (It's currently splattered all over my body, but fortunately, more is on the walls.)

Love,
Katie

 
At 2/27/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom
I have entered that world of blogging too! www.suncoachmark.blogspot.com
I got back from Honduras Saturday and had a great time

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home