Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mom and Dad


Last Friday night we celebrated my cousin's wedding. At one point in the evening I overheard my Mom say to my Dad, "I really like this song, let's dance". (Now, keep in mind that I am 38 years old and have no vivid memory of my parents ever dancing together.) So, you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when my Dad grabbed her hand and they walked to the dance floor. I immediately found my wife and told her to take this picture. My parents have been married for about 45 years, and like all couples they have had their ups and downs. But as I watched them on the dance floor that night I was reminded of this old saying; "all's well that ends well". And after 45 years I believe they are more committed to one another than ever. I trust that the final chapter of their story will be a happy one.

Mom and Dad, here's to many more years of life together and to a few more good pictures of you on the dance floor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home