Monday, December 03, 2007

A vision of the future?


Believe it or not, these are pictures of our 10-year old daughter, Emily. This was her Halloween costume - sort of a Pat Benatar/Joan Jet/Pinky Tuscadero kind of thing going here. (Of course, Emily wouldn't recognize any of those names, all ancient history to her...)

What struck me when I first saw Emmy in this get up was the amazing transformation that can take place when a girl puts on some make-up, some funky clothes, and cops an attitude. As a father my prayer was something like this; "please Lord, I'm not ready for this!"

Thankfully, the night ended with her sitting on the floor in her PJs looking over all of the candy she collected. That night I tucked her into bed, gave her a kiss, and we thanked God for a good (albeit, scary) day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home