Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Portland Trip




Just got home a few days ago from my first ever visit to Portland, Oregon. What a beautiful place! The occasion was the "General Conference of the Missionary Church" - my primary partner in ministry.


The first picture was taken at Multnomah Falls. What a great spot. We were able to walk up to the bridge you can see in the background, and for the more adventurous there were trails going all the way up to the top of the falls. Since I was still recovering from my "Honduras Weight-Loss Plan" (more on that later) I couldn't venture more than 89 feet from a bathroom - so I didn't make the hike.


The second shot shows our little tour group atop a peak that boasted an amazing view of Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Hood (among others). In the background you can see the mighty Columbia River. This was definitely one of the most beautiful sights I have visited in the US.


Thanks to Al and Kim for serving as great tour guides and for buying me a great steak dinner at a restaurant near the bottom of the falls. It was a great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home