Friday, June 01, 2007

The big 4 - 0



Well, it has finally happened. On Monday, May 21st, 2007 I turned 40 years old. Wow! Here's how my day unfolded.


I hunted in the morning for turkeys (only made contact with mosquitoes), then I had lunch with Sandi, looked at some new exercise equipment that we are buying, and then played golf in my Monday night league. After golf I came home to a very nice steak dinner that my wife prepared. We ate on our deck and it was a beautiful night. The kids all made birthday cards for me - they really enjoyed calling me an old "geezard" (a cross between an "old geezer" and an "old gizzard" I guess"). Sandi also made my favorite dessert - chocolate pudding pie.


We are throwing a big birthday party to mark this momentous occasion on June 9th at our place. We have invited a lot of family and friends and I am looking forward to it.


So far turning 40 has not been nearly as traumatic as turning 30. I think I just might survive this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home