Friday, May 09, 2008

Turkey hunting report...


Well, a picture says a thousand words, and this picture says it all. My turkey hunting results for this season? Zip, nada, nunca, nothing!
Actually, that's not entirely true. I did call in a gobbler, and he was gobbling the entire way. He stopped at about 50 yards out and just looked over my decoy set up. (I made the mistake in this situation of including a jake decoy - this Tom didn't want to fight for love, he wanted it to come easy.) So, after strutting for a bit he started walking past. I went ahead and took the shot, but did not put the bird down. Bummer! (There was some brush between the bird and my position, but I still believe it was a good shot with this gun - just needed a bit more skill and a little more "luck".)
Oh well, as my friend Pat says, "that's why they call it hunting".
As every faithful Lions fan has learned to say, there's always next season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home