Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Megan!


Well, believe it or not, we celebrated Megan's 14th birthday the other night. Wow, 14 years old! (Don't tell Megan, but Sandi was 13 when we first called ourselves a "couple".) Thankfully, she is not boy crazy - in fact, I would have to say that she has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to boys. So far, she pretty much avoids them. This is a strategy that I will heartily support for at least the next 8 years...
So, Megan, this is what I want to say to you as you turn 14. (You most likely will not read this for months or years to come, and that's fine.) First, I want you to know that Mom and Dad love you very much. We not only love you (parents have to love their kids, right?) but we like you, we enjoy being around you. I look forward to coming home from work and having an hour or so to visit with you before the other kids get off the bus. One of the things I enjoy most about you is your sense of humor - you make me laugh just about everyday.
Another thing I appreciate about you is your desire to help people. Through TeamKid, the Impact Team, and helping out at Lighthouse you demonstrate this time and time again. We see God growing your heart for him and the people around you - and that makes us smile.
This will be a big year for you - no more Middle School come this September. Soon we will be talking about Drivers Education and college...My prayer is that we can slow down long enough this next year to experience all the blessings God has in store for you and our family. You are our first born and you will be the first child we send out into this world. I believe you will grow up into a godly, intelligent and beautiful woman. You are already well on your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home