Saturday, August 09, 2008

Summer Camp


A few weeks back we sent all 3 kids to Camp Barakel for a week of summer camp. Yes, you heard me correctly ALL 3 KIDS GONE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK! Pictured here is Grant's friend, Danny. The girls also brought a friend - so everyone had someone to hang out with.
Camp Barakel is the camp where Sandi and I first got to know each other way back in the winter 0f 1982 (gulp - that would be 26 years ago). It is also the place where I learned what it was to serve God and work hard - I spent several weeks up there working as an "engineer" during the summers. During the summer of 1985 I spent the entire summer at Barakel as a counselor - by far the most exhausting and rewarding thing I have ever done in my life.
You may be wondering how Sandi and I partied while the kids were gone? Well, we cleaned the basement, got ready for a garage sale, and went to a few open houses. It was not exactly a second honeymoon, but we did enjoy going out for dinner a few times and catching a movie. To be honest, I think we both really missed the kids and were glad to have them back home - strange, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home