Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A perfect day of Walleye fishing!


Thanks to the generosity of a friend from church (Jim - the guy standing second from the right) I recently had an opportunity to "jig" for Walleye on Lake Erie. The dude to the far right is none other than "Mr. Michigan Out-of-Doors" in the flesh - Jimmy Gretzinger (another friend from church and the guy who single-handedly got me into hunting).
Jim had purchased a half-day charter and invited Jimmy and I along. We had a perfect day. The water was very calm, the sun was bright, and the temps made it into the 60s. I had never jigged before (gee, I thought that was some kind of dance?), but once I got the hang of it I started catching some very nice fish. It took us a few hours, but we managed to limit out before lunch time and head back in.
And I must say, pan-fried Walleye is probably the best fish I have ever eaten. I am not usually much of a seafood guy, but this Walleye was excellent. We cooked it up fresh the next day and I suddenly discovered that I had more friends than I had realized (and they were all willing to help me eat the fish!) We had enough to share and I can't wait to go back and catch some more.

1 Comments:

At 5/21/2008, Blogger Mike said...

Hey Tom

Don't let this get out or every pastor will want to serve at Morocco. We are about 10 miles from Cabela's and 10 miles from Luna Pier.

How'd you like to fill in for me when I'm on vacation? :)

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home