Thursday, March 09, 2006

Signs of life...


Grant and I were in our back woods yesterday doing some guy stuff involving chainsaws and mud. As I bent over to pick up a piece of wood I noticed a very small, tightly compressed leaf trying to poke out from a plant of some sort. Right now our woods are all gray and brown, completely dormant. But underneath it all life is present, and that life is irresistible - it will emerge. As a Christian, this is my hope - that the life of Christ within me (beneath the layers of "dead wood" and decay) will emerge, must emerge into the sunlight of experience and relationship. After all, his is a life that even emerged after death.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3/11/2006, Blogger Katie said...

This is such a beautiful picture (I'm assuming this isn't from your woods?) and it's such a great picture of the hope that we have in Christ. I love springtime - it's so encouraging! We're enjoying one last early spring here in Louisville. ;) We're having thunderstorms today, but I know pretty soon we'll have tulips blooming.

Katie

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Katie, thanks for the post. No, I snatched that picture off of Google - but it is compelling isn't it? We are looking forward to having you guys close by for a while. We are also excited for you about your upcoming trip to Ireland (OK, maybe a tiny bit jealous...)

Tom

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Katie said...

we're actually going to Scotland, but it IS close to Ireland. It's like when people say, "Wisconsin, or Michigan. Same thing." :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home